Tuesday 25 November 2014

How To Marry For the Right Reasons

"When I was looking for a spouse, I made a top ten list of characteristics. I’ll totally admit that ‘physical attraction’ is important to me; it was on that list for sure. But it wasn’t even close to the top. My top priority was to find a woman who loves God–someone I could spend my life serving God with."
"Now before you think too highly of me, let me eat a little humble pie—that list came about by trial and error. I had to learn from experience how to make priorities that honour God when it comes to me and the ladies. But I hope you get it right the first time."
In this video, Gary Thomas has some really great advice for Christians who are looking for love.

There’s nothing wrong with wanting to marry someone you find attractive. God hard-wired us that way. For Christ-followers, the reasons for marriage must go beyond that tingling sensation that shoots down the spine. A Christian marriage is one that prioritizes Jesus and His kingdom above everything else.
Don’t miss the rest of the How To Have A Great Marriage Series:
1. Who Should I Marry?
2. The Role of Expectations
3. The Truth About Soul Mates
4. Get Married for the Right Reasons

Do you have questions about love and marriage? Come talk to a coach. Use this form to request a coach and you’ll hear back, usually within a couple of days. All coaching is done by email and it’s both free and private.

No comments:

Post a Comment